Saturday, May 13, 2006

My name is Jennifer Zilkey and my husband is Darcy Clevett.
We live in Winnipeg, Manitoba with our cat Chipper. We have been married 14 years. I am a Nursery School teacher, and Darcy is in computer support for the Federal government.
We are looking to start our family with a girl as young as possible under age three from China.
We have not decided on a name as we are at opposite ends of the spectrum as to what names we like. "Luckily" we have some time to battle this out!
We have not started any nursery plans. I would love to do a Hollie Hobby theme but I am not having any luck finding resources, so think I'll do a garden theme with a few Winnie the Pooh accents. I love Eeyore. As for colors, I like pastels but not yellow!
I like to garden, quilt, scrapbook and read. I enjoy watching figure skating but dislike the judges.
I dislike to cook and the color yellow. I love a clean house but dislike the work to get it done.
I like fresh scents like lilac, vanilla, and green apple. Cucumber melon is one of my favorites.
My food choices are pasta, ice cream and chocolate! I seem to favor creamy things. I do not care for spicy food. I try but we just do not get along.
My favorite authors are Mary Higgins Clark, and Amanda Quick. I like mysteries and romances. I do read other types but always go back to a good mystery with a little loving.
My all time favorite movie is The Sound of Music. I like comedies and light dramas. Some other favorites are On Golden Pond, Benny and Joon, and Chicago. I am not into scary flicks but do like if there is a twist like The Sixth Sense.
The music I listen to the most is hits from the eighties and nineties. I like anything that gets a person moving and grooving.
I am a girlie girl so I love pink and purple. Anything in the rose family appeals to me too. Ocean colors like blues, coral, and green soothe me. As mentioned above, I just do not like yellow.
I think jumpers are just the cutest thing. Velvet dresses would be a close second. Anything girlie.
I would like to share with my secret pal a hope for a speedy referral, and all the health and happiness possible.


Support note: I am Darcy and not as big a fan of Holly Hobbie or pink and purple. My job in the blog will be to try to keep Jennifer from destroying my computer in frustration. I am a science fiction fan and enjoy CFL football, fishing, and golf.