Tuesday, May 02, 2006


















Hi everyone! Well, here goes!

1. Name, and a little about our family.

We are Matt and Angela Wingenter, we live in Huntsville, Alabama. We've been married for seven years, and we are blessed with two BEAUTIFUL (if I may say so myself) little girls, Lily Faith who is 4 years old, and Madilyn Eve, who will be 2 at the first of June. Matt is a pharmaceutical sales rep. and I am a stay at home mom. I enjoy every minute of it, I could not imagine my life any other way!
We are also the parents of the four legged kind (most of them) we have two dogs, Dakota a golden retriever, and Jack, an Irish Setter and Chocolate Lab mix. We also have Three cats, Patches (poor thing only has three legs) who is 15 years old, I've had her since she was born (she was born with 4 legs, due to an accident, she lost one) there's also Sophie, and Isabelle.

2. Girl, Boy, or Twins requested?

We requested a little girl (NO, we are not crazy, and YES we do want three girls!)

3. Age requested?

We asked for a baby between the ages of 0-9 months.

4. Child/children's names?

We have not decided on a name yet, but we do have a few ideas. My Great Grandmother's name was Dovie, pronounced like dove, with the "Y" sound at the end. Chloe is another we like, and I also like Hannah, but like our first two girls, we will not pick out the name until we see her sweet face.

5. Nursery theme and colors?

Like our second daughter, she will not have a formal nursery. She will be in the bedroom were Madilyn is now, and Lily and Madilyn will share a room. We plan on buying a larger home, once the adoption is complete, and then HOPEFULLY she will have a nicer room where I can display all the cute stuff I have already collected for her.
I would like for her room to be pink and red, with ladybugs.

6. Likes and dislikes?

HARD QUESTION!!! Most of the things I'm thinking of falls more in the hobbies category.
We like to travel, spend time with family and friends, and play with our kids.

7. Hobbies, and collections?

Let me do Matt first, his is the shorter list of the two. Matt just started hunting this past season, he was so excited the first time he shot a deer, I on the other hand do not hunt, I would probably starve if I had to kill my own food.
He also likes cooking, and watching T.V. He does not really collect anything except for tools. Any kind of tool, mostly craftsman, he used to work at Sears. He also likes to make things, but due to his job, rarely has the time. Of course he knows one day, he will have to make our girls a playhouse in the back yard, one that I can decorate really cute, with a ladder going to a little loft.
For me, well, I like to make things, clothes for the girls, hair bows to match EVERY outfit. I paint, cook, do scrapbooking, take photos of the girls, I would love to take some photography classes. When we bought our house, I put down the hard wood floors, and laid the ceramic tile in the kitchen and baths. I like to garden, just planted several new rose bushes, and one is on the way, I also love Daylilies, I ordered several last year and got hooked, so now I am waiting on some more that I ordered last week. Matt says that is enough, but I will find the room for them SOMEWHERE!
I also have several collections. I collect Boyds Bears, Cherished Teddies, right now anything with a ladybug on it! I collect Fairies for Lily, that is the theme in her bedroom. And started collections for both girls with Precious Moments. I also like Lee Middelton Dolls, although not many due to their prices. I gave one to Lily for her second birthday, so now I have to find one for Madilyn. I have already found the one I will get (soon) for our next little angel, It is a new doll, just released in April, which I thought was kind of neat since we were LID in April. She looks Asian, so when I saw her I knew I GOTTA HAVE THAT DOLL!!! If anyone else is interested, go to the Lee Middleton website, and her name is Golden Buttercup.

8. Favorite fragrance or scent?

Well, the perfume that I love was discontinued several years ago, but I found some on Ebay, it is called Venezia by Laura Biagiotti, the closest other perfume I can find that smells anything like it is Amber Romance by Victoria's Secret. Also love the smell of my roses.
This is funny, but when Lily was born, I went through many different brands of diapers until I found one I liked, and once I did, oh, I love the smell of CLEAN Luvs diapers. I use to smell them everytime I changed her, and that is alot with a newborn!

9. Favorite foods?

Mexican, down home cookin', and of course chocolate!

10. Favorite books, or authors?

I love to read, but unfortunately don't have much time for that lately, unless it is on the computer!
I like History stuff, interesting things, not boring. I like stuff that makes me cry, like Chicken Soup for the Soul books. Also like my magazine. Before I got married I read a lot of Daniel Steel. Matt does not really read a whole lot.

11. Favorite movies?

For me, Gone with the Wind, The Wizard of OZ, Shirley Temple movies (I loved these as a kid)
Steel Magnolias, Titanic, Ghost, any chick flick.
Matt likes comedies mostly. He likes the ocean 11 movies, and any James Bond!

12. Favorite music?

COUNTRY! Keith Urban, Faith Hill and Tim Mcgraw!
I actually like classical music too! It is very soothing, we have cd players in our girls rooms and they go to bed liscening to it every night.

13. Favorite color?

Angela- GREEN
Matt- BLUE
Lily- BLUE
Madilyn- YELLOW ( I think she just likes saying it)

14. Registered at a store?

No, BTDT!

15. Favorite clothing item for a child?

Also another hard one, I love buying my girls clothes! Another hobbie I forgot to mention, I'm an expert shopper!
Love those cute little bathing suits, with matching hats, and sunglasses, just too cute!

16. Anything else you would like to share with your secret pal?

I am so excited to be able to get to now all of you better! Even though we already have children, we have talked about adoption, for a very long time. Even before we got married, I had read an article about a single lady adopting from China, and I told Matt then that I wanted to do that too one day, and well, here we are!