Tuesday, May 02, 2006


Ok, here goes.....My first real blog post:

Hi everyone, my name is Lisa and my dh is Barry. We are the Fellman's and we live in Southern New Jersey. This summer it will be 7 years that we are married. We will be traveling to China to bring home our very first child and we are so looking forward to having our lives completely change. We have requested a healthy child 0 – 18 months, AYAP, also we have requested twins if possible. We seem to not be alone in this request so I hope there are a few sets of twins for us come next year! :) We have not specifically requested a daughter, but as we have requested a healthy child I am making an assumption that it will be a girl. I will happily welcome a son or a daughter in our home with just some minor modifications on her/his name. Our first child will be named Jamie Lyn, and while we do have a second name chosen if we are lucky enough to get twins…..I am, as they say, Not going to count my chickens ....., and I (we) are just going to plan on Jamie Lyn for now.
Nursery

I cannot wait to get started on Jamie’s nursery. We bought the laminate flooring months ago and just have not had the time to put it down. She is going to have a very light and airy room with Winnie the Pooh and Tigger too! I am hoping to give her clouds and stars on her ceiling and little Pooh characters running across her walls. Wish me luck I have not yet figured out how I am going to do that!

Likes and Dislikes?
Hmmmm, I like cool but sunny mornings with a cup of coffee and a friend. I love to travel, but I also love to stay home. I cannot think of a way to answer this question that doesn’t sound like an answer to a singles questionnaire and I guess I dislike that! :)
Ok, Let's see really what do I like.....I love tea and coffee, I love to cook and try out new recipes. I love to sew and knit/crochet (those are all kind of repeated in hobbies). I have two very happy cats but I love all animals. We both enjoy movies, mostly comedy and drama. Dear hubby is not big on scary movies but suspense is good. We are both getting more into history, specifically US History so we have been reading more. (But again I have that mentioned later in Books and authors.) Mostly I like spending time with my husband and we don't get to do enough of that. Friday nights we have "date" night where we don't schedule any work stuff and spend time doing fun stuff. Usually we drive to the beach and walk the boardwalks. Then on the way home we stop at Dunkin' Donuts for a hot chocolate and a donut. I think I love Friday nights the best!!!!!
((Secret Pal - I hope this helps! But I am easy, I love everything!!!))
Collections, Hobbies and Favorite Foods:

According to my husband I collect everything! I am a bit of a pack rat but I am definitely trying to reform my ways! I love to sew, knit, crochet, cross stitch or otherwise keep my hands busy. I have never quilted and I am nervously looking forward to laying out my first quilt! I love to cook and bake but I think I love having people eat what I cook and bake even more than I love making it. So cooking all day to spend 5 minutes eating is just fine with me as long as everyone enjoyed it! My favorite foods…….that is a tough one. I love Mexican, Chinese, German, and Italian. I love soups, barbecues and I think I just love food! It would be easier to say what I don’t like, ANYTHING FROM THE SEA! My dh and I also don’t do Curry! I love seasonings but for whatever reason that is a seasoning that neither one of us are really fond of.

Fragrances or scents?
I love the smell of spring flowers, but unfortunately thanks to some extreme allergies I cannot handle any fragrances in the house. Believe it or not I have even had to change my husbands’ shampoos and deodorants because they were just killing me. I have to use only organic cleaners and even those cannot have much of a scent. I am honestly allergic to “inhalants”, cigarette smoke, incense, Clorox and other cleaners, air fresheners, etc. It is truly a pain!
Books and Authors, and oh yes favorite colors:

Oh I love to read. I don’t seem to have much time for that anymore and I guess that won’t change once we get Jamie. Well, it will I will just be reading children’s books as opposed to Patricia Cornwell, James Patterson and Maeve Binchey! A sacrifice I am very happy to make!!!!!!! My husband is also on a history kick lately and we are both reading the biography of John Adams. We are planning a trip to DC in the next week and I am very much looking forward to it! As far as movies go, we like dramas and comedies and some musicals too. The only thing we don’t do is horror and extreme gore. My hubby’s favorite movie is the original “InLaws”. What a hoot! But I think you need a dry sense of humor for that one! Music, well that one too, it is probably easier to say what we don’t like. We aren’t big on rap and hip hop. I tend to be a little top 40 my hubby will get a little more eclectic. On Sundays I love to listen to the oldies, Sinatra and Julie London etc, but we also like Elton John, Steely Dan, Elvis Costello, Alana Davis, Stevie Wonder…….. I could go on forever. We do not listen to much Country but I am starting to enjoy it more and more. My favorite color is definitely Purple, and even some dark blues. I like things light and airy though so I think with Jamie I am going to have mostly pastels for a while.
Have I registered…….

No, not yet. I am still not very comfortable with that idea just yet. Maybe I need to be a little closer to the referral date.
Favorite clothing item for a child?
Wow, this will be our first child and well, I just don’t have a clue! I think I can even honestly count on one hand the number of diapers I have changed. My dear hubby and I are in for quite a change when this little bundle comes into our lives. I am currently knitting her an afghan, and I think my mom has crocheted an afghan for her. My first cybershower buddy sent her a beautiful white satin soft plush security blanket. It is so beautiful! But more than that I am going to have to take my lead from all you experienced mom’s who have BTDT!To my secret pals: Thank you in advance! I know that I will treasure and love anything that you send and I hope that one day soon we are all in China together and get the opportunity to say hello!

Good luck everyone, I look forward to getting to know you!