Thursday, May 04, 2006





  1. Add your name and a little something about your family.

    Hi, my name is Lisa Phillips. My husband's name is Cory. We have been married for 11 years. We have 2 bio sons. Kaleb is turning 6 in June and Brayden is 3. We have 2 dogs and 1 cat. A regular zoo, huh?

    We are adopting through CCAI. Our LID is April 17th. My husband and I both wanted to also have a daughter and a sister for our sons, so we decided to adopt instead of going through the "natural" route where you have a 50/50 chance. Three boys would kill me. :)

  2. Girl, Boy, Twins requested?

    Girl!

  3. Age requested?

    0-12 months

  4. Child/Children’s names?

    For our daughter? We don't have one picked out yet. I chose our 2 sons names, so my husband is searching for her name. He has picked out a few so far, but is still looking.

  5. Nursery theme and colours?

    We have a room painted mostly purple, that was for my first son. It never really was used. He ended up sleeping in our room instead. I don't know if we will use that this time or if she will be in our room also.


  6. Hobbies/Collections?

    Gardening, Homeschooling, started making a quilt for our daughter (I made one for each of our boys too), reading, country music, run my own business from home SkinCareful.com.

  7. Favourite fragrance or scent?

    I prefer natural smells, like flowers, jasmine, vanilla or lavender.

  8. Favourite foods?

    LOVE Mexican food! Japanese & Chinese food come in a very close 2nd. Oh wait, Starbucks would be first... :)

  9. Favourite books or authors?

    I have really gotten into reading books by Dr Wayne Dyer (What do you Really Want for your Children is excellent!),James Van Praagh, & Sylvia Browne.

  10. Favourite movies?

    I love to watch romance comedies. Some of my favorites are Sweet Home Alabama & Prince & Me.

  11. Favourite music?

    Country. I like Reba, Garth, Trisha Yearwood, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, etc, etc. :) I really LOVE music. If I am in a bad mood, I pop in a CD or attach my Ipod to the stereo and I am very quicly singing along and happy again.

  12. Favourite colour or colours?

    Purple & pink. Already buying pink for our daughter!

  13. Registered at a store?

    I played with registering at Babies 'R Us, but hadn't really decided what we needed. I put a few things on there that a friend (with really good taste) recommended, but doubt that we need all of that. I should work on cleaning it up and figuring out what we really want.

    Babies R Us



  14. Favourite clothing item for a child?

    Girly things. I am so thankful to not be buying stuff with tractors or trains on it! There is just too much testosterone in this house... I am going to be all about the pink/purple and the bows!

  15. Anything else you would like to share with your secret pal?

    I started my own blog a few weeks ago and keep sharing information on it with our family and friends. It can be found here: Lisa's Blog. :)