Tuesday, May 09, 2006



  1. Add your name and a little something about your family. We are Kristen and David de la Rosa from Boynton Beach, Florida(between Boca Raton and Palm Beach) . We are 32 and 36 and have no kids-yet. We do have our three furbabies to make us laugh during the long wait-Quincy the Wheaten Terrier -yes I had to include him in his ladybug costume-and two cats. We are so excited to finally be our of the paperchase! We have been married for 5 years and after years of trying decided to adopt. I actually told my mom when I was 16 that I was going to adopt from China. I guess someone above was listening!

  1. Girl, Boy, Twins requested? Girl! I have 5 older brothers, David has 3 older brothers and lots of nephews, plus all the furbabies are boys. I can't wait to buy some girlie things!

  1. Age requested? As young as possible.

  1. Child/Childrens names? Amelie(like the movie pronounced Ah-mah-lee) Josephine(middle name after D's mom). I do like Gianna as well. My mom thinks Omorosa Ella is nice with our last name-Omorosa Ella de la Rosa. Ha, ha...made you laugh...

  1. Nursery theme and colours? Trying to go with the bright pink and lime greens-like the Lilly Pulitzer colors-with white accents. Pottery barn has a great set that I may go get one of these days, but I am afraid to start decorating too soon! The whole "jinx" thing.

  1. Likes and Dislikes? I love to cook and am addicted to my cooking magazines(Bon appitite, Cooking Light, ect), I read them daily, drives D nuts. We love to entertain and have gourmet night and wine tasting parties with our friends a few times a month. I collect cookbooks, especially ones for entertaining with menus in them. I am so exciting, I know : ) Ha, ha! We own our own mortgage business out of our home, and really like what we do. We love to travel, this year we are planning many mini-trips around our home state of Florida to make the time go by a little quicker. David likes to fiddle with the computer and read books about computer programs during his spare time. You can usually find my with my cooking magazines when he is doing that. On rare quiet weekends we usually cycle to the beach, walk the pooch on downtown Atlantic Ave or picnic at one of the local Jazz festivals. Dislikes-the cold for longer than a day or two, hurricane clean-up, and Indian food-those go for both of us! Oh and I dislike Winnie the Pooh, Disney characters, ect for kids decor, clothes : )

  1. Hobbies/Collections? me-Cookbooks(who wouldv'e known?), cycling(did the MS 150 two years ago), reading, volunteering to teach children's church at our church. David-tinkering with the PC, soccer, reading

  1. Favourite fragrance or scent? I wear Origins "Frolic". I am addicted to Yankee Candles, they make the house smell wonderful! Oh, and the smell of my house when I bake my Key Lime Poundcake...

  1. Favourite foods? Sushi, seafood, Thai, Cuban

  1. Favourite books or authors? I love the "Bridget Jones's Diary" type books. Not much for expanding my knowledge base, but after a long days work, I need something lighthearted. I am reading a fictional book about China right now called "the Binding Chair". Memoirs of a Geisha was my favorite book long before they made the movie.

  1. Favourite movies? Comedies-Old School, 40 year old virgin, Office Space, Tommy Boy, and any of the John Hughes films from the 80's(Pretty in Pink, Breakfast Club)

  1. Favourite music? Jimmy Buffett(grew up in the Keys), Jack Johnson, Country

  1. Favourite colour or colours? For baby-I love red and white together. I love bright colors too-watermelon pink, lime green-we have to fit in with the Palm Beach crowd!

  1. Registered at a store? Not yet, probably will do Pottery Barn and Target eventually.

  1. Favourite clothing item for a child? Nothing too frilly or with teddy bears or rabbits on it. I love Gymboree! I love sundresses because it's hot here 11 months a year!

  1. Anything else you would like to share with your secret pal? I hope this time goes by quickly for your family, and ours!