Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Greetings from the Smith 7!
(soontobe8)
1. Intro
My name is Kelli and my husband is Tom. We live in Washington State in a small town outside of Vancouver. We have been married for 12 years and are the parents of five fabulous kids. Starting from the left of the picture is Hayden Kate (almost 6 year old biological daughter), next is Max (8 year old biological son), next is Kennedy (almost 10 year old adopted daughter from Almaty, Kazakhstan at 6 years of age), next is Baylee (10 year old biological daughter) and finally TJ (19 year old adopted son through the State of Oregon). We definitely thought we were done after the adoption of our daughter Kennedy, but God had other plans for our family. In December of 2005 we decided to adopt again, this time from China. We are all very excited to welcome the newest member of our family.
Tom and I are both RN's, both work with babies and children. I work part time in a NICU and Tom works on a neonatal and pediatric transport team.
We have two Weimeraners, Emma & Sara.
2. Boy/Girl?
We have requested a girl.
3. Age requested?
Under 12 months, or as young as available.
4. Child's name?
Our daughter will be named Xia Aubree. We will probably use her Chinese name as a second middle name.
5. Nursery theme and colors?
Xia will be sharing a room with big sister Hayden. Hayden got to pick out new bedding and she picked out a Pottery Barn Kids print that has matching kid and nursery bedding. It is yellow with pink flowers. Very cute!
6. Likes?
We love spending time as a family. Right now we are in the middle of spring sports. With four kiddos on four different teams we are sitting at the ball field a lot!! We also enjoy being out on the water with the kids, skiing tubing, etc. I also love to walk my kids to and from school if the weather cooperates.
Personally, on a different note, I do enjoy going out on a date with my husband and having a couple hours to myself on occasion.
Dislikes? Negativity, laundry and a messy house.
7. Hobbies and collections?
I don't collect anything, but I enjoy gardening and working in the yard. I knit a little bit and I try to stay in shape by going to the gym. I also like doing stuff on the computer.
I do like to shop both online and in store, I love to shop for clothes at Gymboree for my girls and Janeville for myself.
Tom is into R/C airplanes. He is actually building two, but has yet to get them off the ground. He is also loves working outside.
8. Favorite scents?
I do love candles and picking out different scents at Illuminations. Favorite would probably be MacIntosh Apple or Thai Market.
9. Favorite foods?
We both love Thai and Sushi for an ethnic treat, but other than that I love a great big salad.
We are both also addicted to Starbucks. Pretty much everyday we go for coffee. I also love their Pumpkin Scones.
10. Favorite books and authors?
I like anything that keeps my interest. I really enjoy Dan Brown and Nicholas Sparks. I also read a lot of Christian and parenting types of books. We also both love reading Harry Potter.
11. Favorite movies?
"The Notebook" and "Sweet Home Alabama" are my absolute favorites. Tom loves "Top Gun" mostly for the intro music on surround sound.
12. Favorite music?
I listen to Contemporary Christian. I especially like Casting Crowns, Steven Curtis Chapman and Natalie Grant.
Tom loves old 70's rock classics.
13. Favorite colors?
Red and black for me. Tom probably blue.
14. Registered?
No, with Xia being our sixth child I don't feel like we need a whole lot but sanity.
15. Favorite clothing item for a child?
Anything cute and coordinating. I love Gymboree as I stated above. I have been buying a lot of cute ladybug things lately.
16. Anything else?
Nothing really, we are just so excited about this adoption. This group seems like it is going to be a lot of fun. I look forward to getting to know you all.