Wednesday, May 03, 2006



Hey there!

We are Megan and Chris Anderson. We have been married for almost 10 years and this will be our first child. I teach 10th grade Biology, and Chris is a software engineer. We live just east of Seattle, Washington.

Girl, Boy, Twins requested?
Girl

Age requested?
Approved 0-15 months

Child/Children’s names?
Maybe Olivia? This could change.

Nursery theme and colours?
Right now I’m thinking bright colors, accented by black/white/lime green. (Like the bright children’s toys for newborns). I’m not into classic nursery styles such as light pinks, or nursery characters. We are holding off a bit on decorating the nursery.

Likes and Dislikes?
I love to laugh, travel, office supplies (it is a sickness), entertaining, bike riding, music. Dislikes: pets dressed as humans, spiders, berries, and I am a horrible cook.

Hobbies/Collections?
Starting to learn Chinese, and the violin. We have a boat and we love to spend time out on it during the summer. I scrapbook. I love Science themed toys about astronomy, animals, etc.

Favourite fragrance or scent?
Citrus, coconut.

Favourite foods?
Japanese, Mexican, Thai, Chinese, low carb protein bars, Chocolate (not low carb), Pretty much anything!

Favourite books or authors?
I like mysteries, books about science, chick lit, and I need to start reading up on child rearing techniques. I like Parents magazine, other publications like it.

Favourite movies?
Amelie, Return to me, So I married an axe murderer, Star Trek II- Wrath of Khan, Pride and prejudice (BBC), Grosse Pointe Blank, Bridget Jones

Favourite music?
I love 80’s music, classical, Fiona Apple, Madonna, Ben Folds, Death Cab for Cutie, anything but country, really. I’d like to start building a collection of children’s music- Raffi, etc.

Favourite colour or colours?
I wear a lot of black, punctuated by a bit of green or periwinkle, sometimes pink.

Registered at a store?
Probably Babies R Us, in a few months… merrygoroundkids.com maybe? I haven’t figured this out yet.

Favourite clothing item for a child?
I love funny baby clothes (tee shirts with pithy phrases, pop culture motif)

Anything else?
I have no items for the baby yet, really. Children’s books, products that people who have BTDT would recommend will be appreciated. We have been waiting a few years to start our family waiting until I turned 30 for the China program, and a bunch of failed infertility treatments in the meantime. We are excited to know that we will become parents soon. We are so happy to be here! Thanks in advance secret pal!
Our blog: www.megaroma.blogspot.com