Monday, May 15, 2006

Getting to know Karen & Dean Thomas
We are Karen and Dean Thomas from Rome, GA. I am a Registered Nurse and work in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Dean is a Chef running his family restaurant of 27 years. We are 30 and 37 years old and this will be our first child. We have a Brittany Spaniel named Charlie. We have been married for 5 years this November and are each other's best friend. Since I was a little girl, I have wanted to adopt from China. My dream of adoption became my husband's dream also and we are SO excited to be on this journey. We are with Great Wall China Adoption, LID 4 /11.
Girl, Boy, Twins requested?
We have requested twin girls, but fully expect a referral of one baby girl.

Age Requested?
0-12 months

Child/children's names?
Emily
If twins, will probably be Emily and Anna.

Nursery theme and colors?
Classic and a little shabby chic. My walls are a deep pink and I really like a classical little lady look. The nursey will be a pink and green. Nursery Bedding is a soft pink rose and green set.

Likes and Dislikes?
I love to spend time with my 3 nieces and cannot wait to have my own little one to play with them. We love to go to the beach, but only get there about once a year. We love to sleep in and enjoy our late morning coffee. I know enjoy it now!
We don't care for Pooh or Disney character decorations, but know that our daughter will probably love them.

Hobbies and Collections?
I like to scrap book and am enjoying starting a book for my daughter. I would LOVE to learn to sew and make my daughter's own clothes. Dean loves his IPOD and is looking forward to programming it for our trip to China.

Favorite fragrance or scents?
I like a vanilla candle scent and soothing smells, nothing too strong. Chanel #5 always reminds me of my own mother and growing up and snuggling with her.
Favorite foods?
We always enjoy going out and eating Chinese and Mexican food. Because we are in the restaurant business, it can be hard for us to enjoy meals out. We are a made from scratch type of business and recognize that canned taste easily.
Favorite Books?

I really enjoy reading Francine Rivers, but have read most of her stuff.
I am not into mystery, I want more of a move your heart kind of book. Not romance novel, but make you cry and get you to think about life kinda book.
Dean loves autobiography of real life sport figures.
Favorite movies?
Dean's favorite is Rocky I and Rocky II. He is a guy's guy. I love Anne of Greene Gables. One of my favorite movies is "The Ghost and Mrs Muir"
Favourite Music?
We love to listen to all types. I lik80's's, Counry, Christian Pop, 80's hard rock.
Dean is currently into Taylor Hicks from American Idol and wants his first album.

Favourite colour or colours?
I like pink, greens, reds, purples etc. Pink ALWAYS works!

Registered at a store?
We don't really know what we are doing yet but we just got an amazon wish list and started a registry at Target.

Favorite clothing item for a child?
TJ Maxx is my home away from home. I do love Gymboree, Baby Lulu and Baby Nay, but they can be pricey. I am a big Ebay shopper and seller. I love a deal!

Anything else you would like to share with your secret pal?
Anything else, will probably be on our blog.