Thursday, April 05, 2007

Thank You Surridge Secret Pal!!!

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again - we LOVE our secret pal!! :) I've now gone from wondering how you are spying on us each month (seriously, more on that later...) to hoping we have the same LID so that we'll be in China together for you to see our little girl using all the goodies you send us! :)

This month our pal totally stocked our diaper bag (mental note...buy diaper bag...). We got a package of take along size baby items (they smell so good!), adorable pink washcloths, a frosty bear ice pack, ladybug burp cloths, and (best of all) a purple rubber ducky! Why am I so excited for the purple rubber ducky? Aside from the fact that my mom bought me two yellow duckies for my birthday last year (really), I have a love of all things purple. My students years ago read the book Frindle (basic plot - he decides to coin a new word - Frindle - and hilarity and adventures ensue), and decided they wanted to come up with their own word. They ended up deciding that in our classroom, the word "purple" would mean fantastic. So "you're looking very purple today" is the ultimate compliment. I am so excited for my purple duck!! :) Thank you thank you thank you!