Monday, May 07, 2007

Getting to know Joann Nix and family

1. Add your name and a little something about your family

Joann, dh-Dave, no kids, 2 dogs-Buddy (German Shephard) and Jake- (Yellow Lab), and an African Grey Parrot named Coco. (Last Dec, we lost my sweetheart,our dog Samantha, who was 14 1/2 and was with us from 1
month after we got married. I still miss her!)

2. Girl, Boy, Twins requested? Infant girl--her name will be Angela Glory

3. Age Requested? Infant (up to 2 yrs)

4. Child/children's names? This will be our first child.

5.Nursery theme and colours?

Little Mermaid the walls will be shades of blue/green and I will paintAriel on the wall. I found painted wooden fish and shells I will hang on the wall, but I do not havethe furniture for her yet. (Except for a white wall unit that is in the room that already has some books and knick-knacks for her.

6. Likes and Dislikes?

Love the water, the ocean, the beach, summer; dislike driving, but drive all over!Also hate bugs, and dislike cold, cloudy, windy days

7. Hobbies and Collections? I am a crafter and scrapbooker. I love the outdoors, gardening,
hiking, biking,I love to play sports-softball, volleyball (I just started taking a kick-boxing class and a yoga class at Adult-Ed)

8. Favourite fragrance or scents?

Estee Lauder (White Linen, Knowing, alot of them) also Bath & Body Works,(warm vanilla-although my husband doesn't like, cucumber-melon, and many others)

9. Favourite foods?

chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, cheesecake, and if there's room for real food steak and baked potato, bacon and eggs, Ice Cream Sodas, Chinese Food

10. Favourite books or authors? Sue Grafton-her alphabet murder mysteries, Clive Cussler (esp. Dirk Pitt novels), Robert Ludlum, Stuart Woods

11. Favourite movies? just watched The Lakeshouse, Monty Phython movies, Young Frankenstein (Mel Brooks)Dirty Dancing, James Bond, etc.

12. Favourite music? Eagles favorite band (mostly 70's/80's
rock)

13. Favourite colour or colours? red has always been my favorite color (destiny?) Lately, I've also beenenjoying the calming effects of blue (maybe because I need it right now?)

14. Registered at a store? not yet

15. Favourite clothing item for a child? little girly dresses-only too hard to buy yet since I don'tknow what size/season

16. Anything else you would like to share with your secret pal? I love anything Disney- this will definitely be a Disney baby!