Sunday, May 06, 2007

Getting to know Beth Allan and family

1. Add your name and a little something about your family.

I am Beth. I am married to Steve and we have a daughter, Jessica. Jessica is 6 years old. I am a nurse and Steve is a author. Jessica is in SK, looking forward to Grade 1.

2. Girl, Boy, Twins requested? Girl

3. Age Requested? AYAP but secretly hoping for a bit older.

4. Child/children's names? Dd #1 Jessica age 6. Dd#2 Angela waiting in China

5.Nursery theme and colours? Winnie the Pooh. The colours are red and sandy tan colour.

6. Likes and Dislikes?

Likes: time at home with family, parties with family and friends, sometimes I like my work, a good martini or glass of wine and chatting on a patio in summer, storms in summer when it is warm enough to run in the rain. Dislikes: cold rainy days, sometimes I hate my work, friends/family who make judgements about my life, gossips, confrontation

7. Hobbies and Collections? Cooking, Golf, Reading, Going to the movies (don't get to do that much anymore). My daughter collects pretty rocks

8. Favourite fragrance or scents? Pleasure by Estee Lauder. Lavender and vanilla

9. Favourite foods?
Anything I haven't tried before that isn't spicy hot. Used to love Italian food but now loving Chinese (of course lol)

10. Favourite books or authors? Fantasy: Mercedes Lackey, Charles De Lint, Terry Brooks, Piers AnthonyMystery: Dorothy L Sayer, Patricia Cromwell, Rex Stout, Agatha Christie, P.D James

11. Favourite movies? Not horror, pretty much anything else

12. Favourite music?Jazz first, rock next

13. Favourite colour or colours? Purple

14. Registered at a store? No

15. Favourite clothing item for a child? Play clothes. Dd loves frilly dresses, I have millions of those I would rather she play in stuff I can clean easily but she insists on pretty dresses to ride her bike.

16. Anything else you would like to share with your secret pal?Also have a crazy dog called Molly