Monday, March 05, 2007

Thank You Surridge Secret Pal!!

My pal is the greatest! We got a great big box of goodies over the weekend from a very very thoughtful pal. First off was January - lots of things we'll need when we (eventually) travel (when, oh when, will that day come??). We got space bags (which, by the way, confirms my theory that our pal has a spy in our house...I was just saying the other day how I wanted to try those out!), luggage tags, and two great travel toys. The globe rattle is the best - I can see how a baby would be mesmerized by it, since both of us were! :)

We also got presents for February too! A Chinese language "map" (which is so important, because I'm not going to China without being able to ask where the bathroom is!), a little piggy board book, fortune cookies, chopsticks, Chinese New Year balloons, and a very cool inflatable dragon. The dragon is especially great...it reminds me of the inflatable toys that my grandpa used to get us when we were growing up. He and my uncle were salesmen, and they often had inflatable toys as promotional items. We had tons of them, including a person-sized inflatable lightbulb! I've often thought that we were drawn to adopt from China because of my grandparents' love of Chinese food and traditions - what a perfect gift!

Thank you so much for always being so darn thoughtful!! (and someday, I am dying to hear how you have been spying on us from afar!!)